Abundant Life Episode 48
In this episode Saso and Ben discuss Jesus path from resurrection to second coming.
RESURREC’TION A rising again; chiefly, the revival of the dead of the human race, or their return from the grave, particularly at the general judgment. By the resurrection of Christ we have assurance of the future resurrection of men. 1 Peter 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” – Websters 1828
- Acts 1:11
- Matthew 24:30
- John 20:7
There are some who analyze this verse but Pastor Charles Elliott preached a sermon about the significance of the folding of the napkin. In this message, he spoke about how Jesus did not cast His grave clothes to the side in a crumpled fashion but folded them to signify He was not done and would return. He is coming again just as He said!
Those who went to the tomb in the early morning were frightened by Jesus missing from the grave. Jesus spoke of this and it was also prophesied but yet they expected to find Him in the tomb even on the third day.
It would seem that we are living in end times. Or as the book of Matthew calls it, it seems we are living as in the days of Noah.
- Increase of evil in the world – daily main stream media news
- Call good bad and bad good – common speech, social media
- Falling away of people from the church/religion – numbers are down
- Increased Violence – mass killing, school shootings
- Sin is glorified and promoted – transgender movements
- Natural disasters and events – flooding, earthquakes
- Famine – Ukraine, Africa
- Pestilence – Covid
Rapture and Second Coming Distinction
1 Corinthians 15:51-53
1 Thessalonians 4:13–18
- Jesus meets the raptured church in the air (in the clouds)
- Jesus doesn’t appear to be described as descending to the Earth to rule and reign at this point in time
Second coming description by John in Revelation:
Second coming location
Second coming signs
- False Christs
- Wars and rumors of wars
- Nation will rise agains nation and kingdom against kingdom
- Earthquakes (natural disasters)
- Afflicted and hated and killed for the name of Jesus
- Betrayal, hatred, offenses
- The gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come
- Matthew 24:32-35
- Matthew 24:36-39
Are you prepared?
1 Thessalonians 4:14
Do you believe the gospel? Are you ready for His coming again? He is coming back as the King to gather His bride unto Himself. Life is short, and we know not when our day will come or when the trump will blow.