#24: Stablecoins & Collateralized Lending
In episode 24, David, Will, and Simon address the concern about stablecoins distorting the bitcoin market value. Topics discussed include the basics of what stablecoins are, why they exist in our current financial system, and how they relate to the present and future of bitcoin. Further, the subject of collateralized lending is brought forward to examine how Christians can view and use this method of preserving savings while accessing cash flow.
Our prayer for you is that as you study bitcoin, you will grow in your conviction and confidence that it is “sound money” useful for savings and sovereignty in uncertain times for individuals and churches.
Questions for discussion
- What are stablecoins, and why are they used?
- Should we be concerned about the relationship between bitcoin and stablecoins?
- Does the relationship between stablecoins and altcoins increase the risks of centralization?
- What is collateralized lending in general, and how is it being used in the world of bitcoin, stablecoins, and altcoins?
- How should we understand collateralized lending in light of what the Bible teaches about lending, interest, and debt in general?
- Recognize that the existence of stablecoins is not likely a threat to the long term success of bitcoin
- Stablecoins serve a purpose in the current monetary system but may be subject to future regulation and should be handled with prudence.
- Borrowing against your bitcoin is a legitimate strategy that can be pursued but must be handled carefully due to the risk of losing your collateral.
For a list of helpful books, articles, and other podcasts, check out our website: bitcoinandthebible.com
To e-mail the show: [email protected]
Come check out our Sphinx tribe!
Connect with us on Twitter
Show – @BTC4believers
Will – @pleberean
David – @thebtcboomer
Simon – @pray_hodl
Connect with us on Gab
Show – @pray_hodl
Connect with us on GETTR
Show – @pray_hodl