#17: How to Build Conviction
The final episode of Season 2 – the Back to the Bible Season – allows David, Will, and Simon to focus on how believers can apply the truths about money gleaned from God’s Word to Bitcoin. Saving in Bitcoin requires wisdom, prudence, and conviction. This episode asks and answers several key questions regarding this process.
- What are the key lessons learned regarding God’s will for money and economics?
- In Episodes 1-2 of the podcast, we called our listeners to the challenge of evaluating to what extent they are participating in and profiting from the injustice of our current monetary system. What are some specific ways we would encourage our audience to act in light of this reality?
- Doesn’t the reality that gold and silver are used as money in the Bible mean that they are God’s money and are better than Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin has a history of extreme volatility which may continue in the near future. How would you advise that Christians account for Bitcoin’s volatility as they assess it as a savings technology?
- What are some practical steps you can recommend to help Christians gain and retain conviction in holding Bitcoin?
- We are committed Christians who believe that God provides richly for His children both spiritually and physically
- We believe that “monetary theology” can be derived from Scripture allowing Christians the freedom, not the moral obligation, to save in Bitcoin.
- We are rejoicing in God’s Providence to provide us a sound money that is free, moral, and safe for believers to use.
- We want Christians to experience the benefits of saving in Bitcoin by freeing them up for the most valuable aspects of work and rest in God’s world as we await His coming kingdom.
For a list of helpful books, articles, and other podcasts, check out our website: bitcoinandthebible.com
Come check out our Sphinx tribe!
Connect with us on Twitter
Show – @BTC4believers
Will – @pleberean
David – @thebtcboomer
Simon – @pray_hodl
To e-mail the show: [email protected]