#03: In the Beginning – Bitcoin as Money
Simon, Will, and David begin building the moral case for Bitcoin by looking first at Bitcoin as money.
James 2:8–9 “If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF,” you are doing well. But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.”
The usage of the story of “Bitcoin Island” provides a simple way to understand the beauty and utility of the Bitcoin ledger.
Here’s a wonderful video that helps visualize Bitcoin and how blocks are formed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4
Helpful resources referenced:
- Bitcoin Money A Tale of Bitville Discovering Good Money (YouTube Video)
- Bitcoin Money Book by Michael Caras
Questions discussed include:
- What is the basic monetary structure for Bitcoin?
- Why does a ledger based money reflect a concern for equity and justice?
- What are the key attributes of ledger based money?
- Can a ledger based monetary system change and improve?
- Can Christians trust Bitcoin?
Connect with us on Twitter
Show – @BTC4believers
Will – @pleberean
David – @thebtcboomer
Simon – @pray_hodl
To e-mail the show: [email protected]