#19: Responsibility & Self Custody
The second episode of Season 3 focuses on responsibility and self-custody, a timely and important topic for the following groups:
- Those considering buying bitcoin but intimidated by the process
- Those who have bought bitcoin but are storing it on an exchange
- Those who have bought bitcoin and moved it into a single signature wallet, but considering greater levels of security
- Those who own and self-custody bitcoin and are working to help others along this process
With great freedom comes great responsibility. The benefit of holding an asset that is a bearer instrument is that you do not have to depend on anyone else to access it or use it. The downside is that you bear the responsibility of protecting it. As always, the key is education, and we hope to provide some perspective today through a fun and engaging discussion.
We receive no compensation or support from these organizations but commend their services to you
- As Christians, we are to pursue wisdom that can help us act prudently with regard to securing our personal property.
- With freedom comes the responsibility to become more educated and act on our knowledge to secure our assets.
- Bitcoin self-custody can seem intimidating at first but can be learned by anyone.
- If you do not hold the keys to your Bitcoin, you risk losing it.
- By self-custodying your Bitcoin, you can accelerate adoption and protect yourself from foolishness in the derivatives/ETF market.
- Take small steps to act, and don’t procrastinate.
For a list of helpful books, articles, and other podcasts, check out our website: bitcoinandthebible.com
Come check out our Sphinx tribe!
Connect with us on Twitter
Show – @BTC4believers
Will – @pleberean
David – @thebtcboomer
Simon – @pray_hodl
To e-mail the show: [email protected]