Chris Hohnholz is a parole and probation officer in Fernley, Nevada, near Reno, and host of Voice of Reason, a podcast he does with friend Richard Story. Chris joins me for this episode for a friendly discussion about maintaining a proper perspective in life, through a myriad of various contexts and circumstances.
An Outline of the Discussion
- Chris’s background, including family, job and podcast – Voice of Reason Radio
- Perspective in regard to podcast (and blog) download statistics & audience size.
- Great discussion can be had when people reason with each other patiently and respectfully.
- Perspective in social media interactions.
- Learn from the “does pineapple belong on pizza” debate; not every issue is worth fighting to the death on. Have fun with some disagreements, and recognize it’s okay to have disagreements.
- Keeping the proper perspective in regard to politics.
- Persecution sounds horrible, but it grows the church.
- Never forget that God is sovereign.
- Recognize that we’re all at different stages in regards to our growth, wisdom, and sanctification. We can’t expect others to be where we are at all times.
- Beware of the “cage stage,” not only in regards to soteriology, but in all areas of our theology.
- Only God knows who is truly saved and who is not.
- Colossians 3:12-15
- 1 Corinthians 3:5-6
- Slave to the King – Chris’s website
- Voice of Reason Radio – Chris’s podcast (with co-host Richard Story)
- Voice of Reason Radio on Twitter