Bob DeWaay: Ephesians
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Bob DeWaay is a theologian, and preacher at Gospel of Grace Fellowship church in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. He has been preaching through the book of Ephesians, and returns this month to discuss the theology expressed within it.
Outline of the Discussion
- A key topic within the epistle to the Ephesians is the Church.
- Paul wrote this epistle from prison. Ephesians is a key location, with a church made up of both Jews and Gentiles.
- The theme of Ephesians is the “one new man” found in 2:15, which is the Church, made up of both Jews and Gentiles.
- The theme of Ephesians 1 is God’s glory.
- Christ is over all things, and we are safe in Him.
- Christ is the cornerstone, the apostles are the foundation, and the church are the building blocks.
- The dividing wall between the Jews and Gentiles was the Law of Moses.
- A proper understanding of the One New Man and the makeup of the Church as described in Ephesians would solve so many petty problems throughout the Church at large.
- While there are many reasons for discord within the Church, Bob believes the single biggest cause is strict adherence to “the traditions of men.”
- Ephesians 1-2
- Ephesians 2:15-16
- Acts 20
- 1 Corinthians 15:22
- Bob’s preaching series on Ephesians
- Youtube playlist of Bob’s sermon series on Ephesians
- Clinton Arnold commentary on Ephesians.
- Harold Hoehner commentary on Ephesians