My friend Steve Gretch returns to share about his own podcast, which he started following his first episode of Echo Zoe Radio in March, 2021. The show is called A Different Drummer, and focusses on the promises of God found throughout scripture.
Outline of the Discussion
- Steve is a drummer, and named his show based on that and that we as believers march to the beat of a different drummer. It found inspiration in our church pastors telling people to believe the promises of God.
- Steve was enrolled in a Bible class and kept seeing “the name of God” in his study. He asked the teacher “What is the name of God,” and didn’t feel he got a satisfactory answer.
- In a roundabout way, studying the promises of God is a study in the attributes of God.
- John 16:33 assures us that Jesus has overcome the world and sin.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 is a promise that God will direct our paths, but is also a call to trust in Him.
- In 2 Peter 1:2-4, God shows that he is absolutely committed to His promises.
- Lamentations 5:19 is about how God’s throne endures.
- James 1:2-4 encourages us to have joy in our trials.
- Psalm 46:1-5 grounds us in the Lord through the trials of a cursed world.
- What is the difference between joy and happiness? Happiness is an emotion, and can be easily taken from us. Joy is rooted in the Lord, and cannot be taken from us. Joy and Hope go together in many ways.
- Psalm 1:2 invites us to take delight in the Law of the Lord.
- God is doing a new thing in Isaiah 43:19-21. He is working very actively in our lives.
- 1 Kings 8:58 tells us that the Lord turns our hearts toward Him.
- We will be with our King (John 14:3.)
- Matthew 11:28
- Psalm 23
- John 16:33
- 1 Corinthians 1:18
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- 2 Peter 1:2-4
- Lamentations 5:19
- James 1:2-4
- Psalm 46:1-5
- Isaiah 26:3
- Psalm 1:2
- Isaiah 43:19-21
- Acts 20:32
- 1 Kings 8:58
- Hebrews 6:10
- 1 Thessalonians 4:11
- 2 Timothy 4:5
- John 1:29
- John 14:3
- James 4:14
- Steve’s podcast – A Different Drummer
- Ryan Habbena: The Means of Grace
- Phil Johnson: The Doctrines of Grace
- Ryan Habbena: Sanctification
- Bob DeWaay: The Authority of the Bible
- Dan Phillips: The World-Tilting Gospel
- Dan Phillips: What Faith Is and Does
- Gabe Hughes: Semper Reformanda
- Allen Nelson: God’s Holiness
- Christopher Drew: Assurance of Salvation