In this episode we are looking at Psalm 93. This is a short Psalm with just five verses. It is an introduction poem to a group of Psalms that have a main theme of praising God as King. The psalms with this primary theme go through Psalm 100.
The attributes of God we see in this psalm are as follows:
- Creator and Sustainer of the universe
- Eternal; No beginning or end; Not created; Alpha & Omega
- Powerful, and His power does not rely upon anything external to Himself
- High and Mighty
- Sovereign, in control of everything, including the forces of chaos and evil
- Orderly, He brings order out of chaos, has laws to bring order, and has a purpose for order
- Jesus is God and He is our Prophet, Priest, and King. (Read Hebrews to find out more about this.)
Other Scripture cited in this episode:
- Psalm 29:10
- Psalm 72:11
- Psalm 102:15
- Daniel 2:47
- Revelation 1:5
Keep reading your Bible!