The Highs and the Lows: An #SBC2023 Review
In this special edition of the Patriot Pastor’s Podcast, we recap the events of #SBC23 in New Orleans. We talk about many of the low and some of the high moments that are commendable.
1) The outcome of the SBC Presidential race between Mike Stone and the incumbent Bart Barber.
2) The president of Lifeway, Ben Mandrell, whose mind is set that Lifeway will continue to sell material that does not align with the Baptist Faith and Message.
3) Todd Unzicker’s very divisive sermon that was preached where he pointed his finger at many outspoken conservatives.
4) The messenger’s overwhelming support to disfellowship with three SBC churches, one being Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church over women pastors.
5) Mike Law’s amendment to the Baptist Faith and Message which beefs up the wording stating that only men can be pastors.