Celebrating Christ at Christmas – Meeke Addison, Part 1
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. As we near the end of 2023, would you please consider a year-end gift to support the Schoolhouse Rocked ministry?
“We want everything that we do to speak of our faithfulness and our commitment to Him because He’s worthy of that.” — Meeke Addison
Meeke Addison joins Yvette Hampton to kick off the 2023 Christmas season. Together, they share heartwarming and hilarious stories about family traditions, Christmas gifting, and keeping Jesus Christ at the center of their celebrations. Listen in as they discuss the joy and challenges of parenting, the art of last-minute gift shopping, and the importance of creating memorable experiences for their children. Join Yvette and Meeke for a delightful conversation that captures the TRUE spirit of the Christmas season.
Come back Wednesday and Thursday for the rest of this important conversation.
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? 🏠📓
🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution 🍿 for FREE today and get the 📖 Homeschool Survival Kit 📖 delivered to your inbox immediately!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
- How can families incorporate the celebration of Jesus and the gift of life into their Christmas traditions and practices, as discussed by Yvette and Meeke?
- How does Meeke Addison’s faith in Jesus Christ shape her approach to family life and Christmas traditions?
- Yvette and Meeke discuss the challenges of finding a balance between emphasizing the true meaning of Christmas and the fun and excitement of gift-giving. How have you and your family navigated this balance in your Christmas celebrations?
- Meeke shares some humorous and relatable experiences with last-minute gift shopping and wrapping. What are some of your own funny or memorable last-minute Christmas moments?
- Yvette and Meeke talk about the tradition of opening gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve. What are some of your favorite family traditions or rituals during the holiday season?
- Meeke and Yvette discuss the different ways they approach gift-giving for their children. How do you handle giving gifts to your children, and what factors influence your approach?
- How does the discussion about Christmas gift-giving reflect the importance of being intentional in parenting and understanding one’s children?
- Reflecting on Meeke’s stories about her Christmas traditions, how have your own family’s traditions evolved over the years?
- Yvette and Meeke talk about the significance of creating and cherishing family memories during the Christmas season. What are some of your most treasured family memories from past Christmases?
- Meeke discusses her desire for an element of surprise in gift-giving. How important is the element of surprise in your own gift-giving and receiving experiences?
CTCMath – CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ’s power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us: