Embracing Educational Freedom – Alex Newman and Leigh Bortins, Part 3
“Returning to family-led education is crucial for regaining peace, prosperity, and liberty in the United States.” – Leigh Bortins
Calling all parents, educators, and concerned citizens! Tune in to the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast for an enlightening conversation on the Declaration of Educational Independence. Yvette Hampton invites Alex Newman and Leigh Bortins to share their insights on the urgent need for change in our education system. Uncover the biblical and constitutional principles underlying their call for family-led education, and learn how you can be part of this movement for educational freedom. Don’t miss this eye-opening episode that will challenge your perspective and ignite your passion for better education.
Leigh Bortins is the founder and chief visionary officer of Classical Conversations Inc., an organization that models the home-centered learning approach to empower learners of all ages. She trains facilitators dedicated to duplicating her methods and is thereby transforming education and improving the quality of family and community life. Check out Leigh’s books here.
Alex Newman is an award-winning international journalist, educator, author, speaker, investor, and consultant who seeks to glorify God in everything he does.
In addition to serving as president of Liberty Sentinel Media, Inc, he has written for a wide array of publications in the United States and abroad. He currently serves as a contributor to the Epoch Times, a correspondent for the Law Enforcement Intelligence Brief, foreign correspondent and senior editor for The New American magazine, a writer for WND (World Net Daily), an education writer for FreedomProject Media, a columnist for the Illinois Family Institute, and much more. Check out Alex’s books here.
Discussion Questions For the Series:
- How does the concept of education as a family responsibility differ from the prevalent view that it is the government’s responsibility?
- What are the main arguments made by the speakers against government involvement in education? Do you agree or disagree with these arguments?
- In what ways do you think the current education system is failing? Can you provide any personal experiences or examples to support your answer?
- What are the potential implications of government funding and control of alternative education options, such as homeschooling?
- How do you interpret the biblical and patriotic references made by the speakers in relation to education? Do you believe there is a strong connection between faith and education?
- The Declaration of Educational Independence emphasizes the importance of defining principles and goals for education. Do you think this is necessary? Why or why not?
- What role do you believe parents should play in their children’s education? Do you think they are the most qualified individuals to teach their own children?
- How do you think education should be separated from civil government? What steps do you think need to be taken to achieve this separation?
- The Declaration of Educational Independence calls for a return to family-led education. How do you think this would impact society as a whole? What benefits or challenges do you foresee?
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
More information on School Choice:
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Please consider donating to support Schoolhouse Rocked.
CTCMath – CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ’s power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us: