Homeschooling Isn’t the Gospel – Amy Sloan, Part 2
Homeschooling isn’t a vending machine and won’t save our kids. We aren’t the Holy Spirit and we must rest in the work of Christ on our behalf for our salvation and identity.
Come back tomorrow for the rest of this important conversation.
Questions Answered and Topics Covered:
- Why understanding the WHY of homeschooling is so important
- Why we must know what we are running to and how to get there
- Why homeschooling doesn’t guarantee the salvation of our kids
- Why all kids respond differently even when we use the same methods, and since every kid is different, how we can cater our homeschool, parenting, and discipleship to each individual child
- Nurturing relationships in the midst of hard seasons or with difficult children
- The role of the Holy Spirit in salvation and in Christian living
- What it means to rest in the work of Christ on our behalf and for our identity
- What to do as moms when we feel tired and worn out
- How the good news of the Gospel bring peace and hope to our homeschooling and families
- Practical ways to point our kids to Jesus on a regular basis
- Final encouragement o the parent who’s doing it all “right,” yet their child just isn’t responding
Related Podcast Episodes:
It’s not too late to enjoy the Homegrown Generation Family Expo – now at a new, lower price! Register today for lifetime access to every session – and BONUS access to the 2020 conference.
Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% when you register today.
Support Schoolhouse Rocked!
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Please consider donating to support Schoolhouse Rocked.
CTCMath – CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ’s power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us: