Marriage and the Wise Wife – Rachel Zwayne, Part 3
Yvette Hampton and Rachel Zwayne discuss the four areas of wisdom that contribute to a God-Honoring marriage.
A WISE WIFE FEARS THE LORD
A WISE WIFE CHOOSES HUMILITY
A WISE WIFE CONTROLS HER WORDS
A WISE WIFE SEEKS ACCOUNTABILITY
WATCH THE MOVIE! Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution is here.
Stream the film today or bring Schoolhouse Rocked to your church or homeschool co-op.
“Schoolhouse Rocked” will rock your educational world to the foundations and give you and your kids great hope for the future! The old-school paradigm has proven broken and a new way of learning is here. Don’t miss this important film!” – Kirk Cameron
“This is one of the most empowering tools I’ve seen for parents! I was honored to be interviewed in the film and am excited to see it come to fruition. It is amazing!” – Israel Wayne, Family Renewal
Support Schoolhouse Rocked
Episode Notes and Scripture References:
#1. A WISE WIFE FEARS THE LORD
- Proverbs 8:13 NKJV – “The fear of the Lord is to hate evil.”
- Proverbs 14:26 – “In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and His children will have a place of refuge.”
- Proverbs 31:30 – “Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.”
#2. A WISE WIFE CHOOSES HUMILITY
- Proverbs 28:25 NKJV – “He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife, but he who trusts in the Lord will be prospered.
- Proverbs 28:26 – “He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.”
- Proverbs 26:11-12 – “As a dog returns to his own vomit, so a fool repeats his folly. Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.”
- Proverbs 28:13 – “He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.”
#3. A WISE WIFE CONTROLS HER WORDS:
- Proverbs 17:27 NKJV – “He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit.”
- Proverbs 29:11 – “A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back.”
- We see in Proverbs 12:25 NKJV – “Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad.”
- Proverbs 16:24 – “Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.”
- Proverbs 15:1 NKJV – “A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”
- Proverbs 31:26 NKJV – “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.”
Thought-out and studied words
- Proverbs 15:28 NKJV – “The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil.”
- Proverbs 18:13 NKJV – “He who answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame to him.”
#4. A WISE WIFE SEEKS ACCOUNTABILITY
Proverbs 13:20 NKJV – “He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed.”
Proverbs 18:1 – “A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; he rages against all wise judgment.”
Proverbs 15:31 – “The ear that hears the rebukes of life will abide among the wise. He who disdains instruction despises his own soul, but he who heeds rebuke gets understanding.”
Proverbs 12 – “Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.”
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- DON’T GIVE UP! ~ The grass is always greener when you water it.
- HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE WHO ENCOURAGE YOU IN YOUR MARRIAGE…not bring you down. Don’t gossip about your husband.
- SHOW HIM APPRECIATION AND RESPECT – MAKE HIM A PRIORITY
Titus 2:3-5 ESV
“Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.”
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
What Did You Expect: Redeeming the Realities of Marriage, by Paul David Tripp
Connect with Rachel Zwayne:
Has Schoolhouse Rocked been a blessing to you? Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support the ongoing ministry of Schoolhouse Rocked.
Support from the homeschool community allows us provide resources and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world.
Your support is making an ETERNAL impact!
“If you are new to homeschooling check out this podcast!! I’ve been feeling like I should homeschool for a couple years but was worried I couldn’t do it. Once the pandemic brought my kids home and I started seeing their emotional health and attitudes improve I decided to finally make the leap. This podcast has really encouraged me to make this a permanent change. Thank you for all your efforts in making this resource available!” – Autumn
“I was tearing up at the end of this film being reminded that my children are GIFTS from the Lord. I never want to abdicate my role and responsibility as their Mama. I cannot wait to share this film with everyone once it is released!!” – Amber
“We loved the movie and watched it with our children. It left us encouraged in our choice to homeschool, as well as gave us confidence that we are not “messing” up our children’s education or socialization!!” – Danielle
Whether or not you can donate, we ask that EVERY listener support the show by sharing it with your friends and family, by leaving a review on iTunes, and by praying for our team.
If you are considering homeschooling or just need some great homeschooling encouragement, get your FREE Homeschool Survival Kit from the producers of Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution and the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast.
This 60+ page guide includes helpful articles, videos, and audio, for every stage of homeschooling, from pre-school to graduation. It will give you the encouragement you need to start strong and finish well! The Homeschool Survival Kit also includes an extensive directory of must-have homeschooling resources.
Please take a minute to visit our sponsors and thank them for helping to bring you The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast. We ONLY work with companies we know and love! We happily recommend these companies and their products.
Are you looking for a new Math Curriculum? CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Visit CTCmath.com today to start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ’s power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Patriot Academy – Inspiring Patriotism, Equipping Citizens, Educating A Nation. Patriot Academy has a Single, Bold Vision: To equip a new generation of leaders to champion the cause of freedom and truth in government, media, entertainment, education, as we help bring our nation back to the principles on which we were founded.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Podcast Topics: Rachel Zwayne, Marriage, Living Waters, Wisdom, Proverbs 31, Ray Comfort, EZ Zwayne, Valentine’s Day, Romance, Love, Yvette Hampton, Interview, Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution, Homeschool Movie, Homeschool Documentary, Homeschool Podcast, Christian, Parenting Podcast