New Year Resolutions: Finding Strength and Purpose – Heidi St. John, Part 1
“It’s amazing to me. I wake up in the morning and my Bible weighs a thousand pounds and my phone weighs two ounces. And I think it’s our human nature… It’s so important that we’re honest about it because it’s a spiritual battle. So from the minute we wake up in the morning, we need to understand that it’s the enemy’s number one goals to keep us from communicating and talking with and leaning into our relationship with the Lord.” – Heidi St. John
Heidi St. John joins Yvette Hampton for a look at their New Year’s resolutions. They discuss the importance of cultivating a closer walk with the Lord amidst a sinful culture, the need for Christians to be engaged in politics and elections, and the power of parenting with authenticity and transparency. Heidi St. John also shares insights from her new book, ‘Mom Strong 365,’ and the impact of her Homeschool Resource Center in empowering families on their homeschooling journey. Tune in for an inspiring conversation that will encourage and equip you for the year ahead!
Discover the power of a biblical worldview with host Yvette Hampton and guest Renton Rathbun on this episode of the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast. Dive into the importance of aligning ourselves with God’s Word, defending the truth, and teaching our children to love and appreciate God’s law. Learn how to navigate the challenges of secular culture, universities, and media while instilling a biblical worldview in your homeschooling journey. Tune in for insightful discussions and practical tips to equip you and your family in the pursuit of biblical truth.
Come back Wednesday and Thursday for the rest of this important conversation.
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Would you please consider a year-end gift to support the Schoolhouse Rocked ministry?
p style=”text-align: center”>
As a popular author and speaker, Heidi St. John has been speaking on marriage, family and cultural issues for over 15 years. Her passion to encourage moms and set them free to boldly become who God has created them to be will challenge encourage you. Heidi has been married to her college sweetheart since 1989, and their family now includes seven children and two grandsons! Jay and Heidi reside just outside of beautiful Vancouver, Washington, where they have homeschooled some of their kids all the way through high school and are still finishing up with a few at home.
Heidi is the author of eight books. Her most recent book, MomStrong 365: A Daily Devotional to Encourage and Empower Everyday Moms is the latest in the MomStrong collection. She has also recently released Prayers for the Battlefield: Staying MomStrong in the Fight for Your Family and Your Faith and Becoming MomStrong: How to Fight With All That’s In You For Your Family and Your Faith, which focuses on helping mothers build a solid biblical foundation for their families. Join Heidi at MomStrong International, an online ministry where thousands of women come together for weekly Bible Studies, Scripture Writing, online and in real life fellowship.
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? 🏠📓
🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution 🍿 for FREE today and get the 📖 Homeschool Survival Kit 📖 delivered to your inbox immediately!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
- How does Renton define a biblical worldview, and why does he believe it is important for Christians to align themselves with it?
- What are some of the challenges that homeschooling families face in maintaining a biblical worldview, especially when it comes to teaching certain subjects or addressing secular influences?
- How does Renton explain the role of apologetics in defending a biblical worldview? Do you agree with his perspective? Why or why not?
- What are some of the ways that the secular world, particularly through social media and media platforms, influences children and adults to question or reject their faith? How can homeschooling provide a safeguard against these influences?
- In what ways does Renton criticize the approach of certain Christian universities when it comes to maintaining a biblical worldview? Do you think there is a balance that can be struck between academic freedom and teaching a biblical worldview? Why or why not?
- Yvette mentions the significance of starting with the Word of God and teaching academics through the lens of Scripture. How can this approach shape a child’s understanding and application of a biblical worldview?
- Renton highlights the power of home worship in reinforcing the importance of a biblical worldview. How can families incorporate worship into their homeschooling routine to strengthen their faith and understanding of God’s Word?
- What steps can homeschooling parents take to ensure they are using curriculum that aligns with a biblical worldview? How can they evaluate and select resources that will effectively teach and reinforce biblical principles?
CTCMath – CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ’s power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us: