Raise Them Up – Dr. Mark Hamby, Part 3 (Family Series)
“The very first thing you learn as a Christian is you learn how to fear God. You learn to hate what God hates and love what God loves, and your character starts to align with that.” – Dr. Mark Hamby
Here’s what we cover with Dr. Hamby in this interview:
- Dr. Hamby shares about his experience as a shepherd and the lessons he learned about parenting from that time.
- How tragic death and miraculous births in his flock taught him to parent like a shepherd.
- How can we restore our relationship with our kids even when they hate us and it seems like all hope is lost.
- How applying lessons on humility and grace ended up saving his family, his sheep, and his health.
“If you prepare your children to search for wisdom more than hidden treasure and more than silver and gold, you will understand the fear of the Lord, find the knowledge of God, and knowledge will become pleasant to your soul.” – Dr. Mark Hamby
For over 30 years, Dr. Mark Hamby has been using stories of Christ-like character to offer Christ-centered hope around the world. Dr. Hamby is the founder and president of Lamplighter Ministries which has published over 235 books from 17th to 19th-century literature plus 28 audio dramas heard by millions across 30 countries. Dr. Hamby holds several masters degrees and a doctorate in ministry. He speaks and writes about how to find hope and healing for the problems in our families, media, culture, and literature.
Connect with Dr. Hamby:
BIG NEWS FOR 2023
- Homegrown Generation Family Expo is coming back in 2023! Sign up for the 2020 conference today and receive a $10 credit toward registration for the 2023 conference!
- We are working on a new movie! Garritt has begun pre-production on a new feature-length documentary on education. Support the project here.
- The Family Series will continue with interviews from Dr. Josh Mulvihill, Dr. Matthew McDill, Natalie Mack, Bob Lepine, Davis Carman, and more!
Support Schoolhouse Rocked!
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Please consider donating to support Schoolhouse Rocked.
CTCMath – CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ’s power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us: