Unveiling God’s Glory Through Homesteading – Noah Sanders, Part 2
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. As we near the end of 2023, would you please consider a year-end gift to support the Schoolhouse Rocked ministry?
“There’s something about getting the food, actually producing it, and serving it to my family that reminds us of our dependence on God. It’s a really good reminder that we’re not all-powerful.” — Noah Sanders
Discover the fascinating world of homesteading with Noah Sanders in this inspiring episode of the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast. Join host Yvette Hampton as she delves into Noah’s passion for agriculture, his focus on discipleship, and how he integrates his faith into his farming practices. Don’t miss this thought-provoking conversation that sheds light on the importance of responsible land stewardship and the pursuit of God’s design in agriculture.
Come back tomorrow for the rest of this important conversation.
Noah Sanders is a farmer, homesteader, and author in Goodwater, Alabama. He is a passionate follower of Jesus who desires to know Him more and make disciples through his daily life. Together with his wife, Dorothy, and six children, Noah ran a small farming operation for 13 years producing and selling vegetables and poultry products using all-natural techniques based on the design of God in Creation. They now provide agricultural training to others and homestead and raise much of their own food.
Noah is the author of Born-Again Dirt: Farming to the Glory of God. In this book he attempts to encourage Christians to think about agriculture from a biblical worldview. Noah is also the founder of the ‘Well-Watered Garden Project’, a community garden initiative that seeks to multiply simple gardens that can be used to teach sustainable food production and show the love of Jesus to the hurting. His vision is to see churches and families use agriculture as a way to bring blessing, health, and hope to their communities and the next generation.
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? 🏠📓
🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution 🍿 for FREE today and get the 📖 Homeschool Survival Kit 📖 delivered to your inbox immediately!
Main Website: https://redeemingthedirt.com/
Well-Watered Garden Site: https://www.wellwateredgardenproject.org/
Online Academy: https://www.redeemingthedirtacademy.com/
Live Trainings: https://redeemingthedirt.com/training/
Donation Page: https://redeemingthedirt.com/support/
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
Discussion Questions For the Series:
- What role does teaching others about agriculture and land stewardship play in the Noah’s life? How does it align with his faith and values?
- What are some controversial aspects of farming and agriculture discussed in the episode? How do these controversies impact our food systems?
- How does Noah prioritize discipleship, particularly with children, in his farming and agricultural practices?
- What is the importance of recognizing our responsibilities and being faithful and responsible with the resources and opportunities we have been given, according to the guest?
- How does Noah’s experience and perspective on food availability and struggles in other parts of the world impact his approach to agriculture?
- What are some of the problems Noah identifies in current food and land systems? How does he propose addressing these issues through a change of heart, humility, and faithfulness?
- How does the guest navigate the dilemma between industrial chicken farming and free-range, organic methods? How do ethics and morality play a role in his farming practices?
- What does the guest mean by aligning with God’s way in agriculture? How does this impact his approach to farming and decision-making?
- How can individuals reflect God’s desires in their actions and choices related to food and agriculture? How does acknowledging our values and seeking to bless and benefit others play a role in this?
CTCMath – CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ’s power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us: