Work as Worship: Embracing the Unique Gifts God Has Given You – Katie Hornor, Part 2
“God created work even before sin entered the world. It is an expression of worship and an opportunity to glorify God.” – Katie Hornor
Join Katie Hornor for her upcoming Flamingo Advantage “Finding Joy in the Journey” Christian marketing retreat, September 21-23, 2023.
Searching for inspiration and direction as a working homeschool mom? Look no further! In this captivating episode of the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast, Yvette Hampton sits down with Katie Hornor, a dedicated homeschooling parent who has navigated the challenges of balancing work, ministry, and family. Katie’s journey from missionary work in Mexico to pioneering a Spanish homeschool curriculum showcases the power of God’s timing and purpose. Join us as we delve into the joy of blending roles, finding enjoyment in work, and embracing your unique calling in this enriching conversation on the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast!
Come back tomorrow for the rest of this important conversation.
Katie Hornor is an experienced speaker, best-selling author and expat entrepreneur in a sleepy little seaside town in Mexico who has inspired millions of people with her books, programs and unique approach to business. Through her Flamingo Advantage® Framework for client experience & marketing, Katie has helped over 8,000 entrepreneurs learn to maximize the impact of their expertise by scaling their online programs without compromising their Christian faith, their core values or their non-negotiables. Katie takes her inspiration from the quirky pink flamingo and believes “Your Message Matters”, You were created to stand out not blend in, and it is possible to find joy in doing “work as worship.”
- Have you ever experienced a setback or unexpected change in your career or ministry? How did you handle it, and did it ultimately lead to new opportunities or growth?
- How do you personally view the concept of work? Do you see it as a means to an end, or do you find enjoyment and purpose in what you do?
- Do you believe that everyone has a unique purpose and set of gifts that they can use to meet needs and make a positive impact on the world? Why or why not?
- How have you navigated the tension between your responsibilities as a parent and your desire to pursue work or other interests outside of motherhood/fatherhood?
- Are there any particular skills or talents that you possess that you feel could be used to serve others and bring in extra income? How might you go about discovering and developing those gifts?
- What strategies or techniques have you found helpful for maintaining a positive attitude and finding joy in the everyday responsibilities and tasks of life, particularly in the context of motherhood/fatherhood?
- How do you personally define success in work and in life? Is it solely about achievements and accomplishments, or is there a deeper significance that you strive for?
- How do you involve your spouse in your career or business decisions? How important do you think their support and involvement is for your success and fulfillment?
- Have you experienced any cultural or societal messages that have discouraged you from embracing your uniqueness or pursuing your passions? How have you worked to overcome or challenge those messages?
- How do you pass on the idea of work as worship to your children or the younger generation? What strategies or approaches have you found effective in helping them develop a positive attitude towards work and finding purpose in what they do?
Podcast Note-Taking Guide
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
Support Schoolhouse Rocked!
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Please consider donating to support Schoolhouse Rocked.
CTCMath – CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ’s power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us: