Episode 41 – The Value of Vacations
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Dan, Micah, and Chris discuss the value of taking a vacation from ministry and some tips for getting the most out of it.
Why Vacations are Important:
- Revitalizes you as a person to better serve your church
- Reconnects you with your first ministry (family)
- Restores a big picture perspective for your ministry.
- Reminds you that ministry shouldn’t be done alone.
Tips for Vacation Success:
- Delete social media apps
- Turn phone on “Do Not Disturb”
- Tell people in your ministry how to reach you in an emergency but essential try to unplug.
- Go to church.
- Have fun.
- Don’t confuse your vacation with a ministry planning retreat.
- Eat good food. Drink great coffee.
The Ten Commandments of a Pastor’s Vacation by Sam Rainer
The Pastor’s Soul: The Call and Care of an Undershepherd by Brian Croft & Savastio
Planning Life into My Vacation by John Piper
Crazy Busy by Kevin DeYoung
Dan Carson – [email protected]
Chris Vines – [email protected]
Micah Powell – [email protected]
Student Ministry Matters, 1410 North Porter Road, Fayetteville, AR 72703