Thoroughly Equipped Season 2 Episode 37
Be the Bridge Ministry has it’s white bridge builders start with teaching them about their whiteness; hoping to help them learn humility and grow in racial righteousness. The Be The Bridge 101 Guide: Foundational Principals Every White Bridge Builder Needs to Know helps gives white people 4 steps to addressing their whiteness; White Identity, White Privilege, White Fragility, and White Supremacy.
We have addressed the first 2 in the last episode and are going to talk about the 3 foundational principle in this one: White Fragility. We will ask questions about white fragility to help us see what’s behind the idea.
- What is white fragility?
- What spurs it on?
- What cultural ideas ignite white fragility in white people? Are they ideas worth being challenged and cast aside?
- What are the presuppositions behind white fragility?
- Is teaching white people to over come white fragility a good or bad thing? Does overcoming it, as we are instructed in Be The Bridge 101, actually bring unity to God’s people?
- White fragility and real racism
- How do we as Christians REALLY become humble and fight ethnic hatred and false bias?
May this episode bless you and bring glory to God!
Resources in this episode:
Be The Bridge Podcast Episodes used in opening clip:
Selfwire: White Fragility is an Evil and Irrational Concept
Kootenai Church Coference: Progressive Christianity & the Church
Got Questions on the Parable of the Talents: