Is Jesus Like Doctor Octopus? (part 1)
We are continuing a series of episodes comparing Jesus to superheroes. This series will tackle wrong ideas about Jesus from church history in chronological order. A superhero will represent each of these ideas.
This is part 1 of 2 of “Is Jesus Like Doctor Octopus?”
Who is Doctor Octopus?
How are Jesus and Doctor Octopus similar?
- They both seemingly have a distinct human and “divine” nature.
- They are both a single person.
How are Jesus and Doctor Octopus different?
- Doctor Octopus has only one active will: the will of the super arms.
- Jesus has both an active human will and an active divine will.
Are there Scriptures that show the two wills of Jesus?
- Jesus had the same divine will with the Father (Joh 5:17-23, see v.19)
- Jesus had a distinct human will from the divine will of the Father (Mat 26:38-39; Heb 10:7-9)
- God cannot be tempted, but man can be (Jas 1:13-16)
- The Son was incarnate so that He can be tempted as a human (Heb 2:16-18)
Like what you hear? Donate to Truthspresso and give a shot of support!