Is Jesus Like Thor? (part 2)
We are continuing a series of episodes comparing Jesus to superheroes. This series will tackle wrong ideas about Jesus from church history in chronological order. A superhero will represent each of these ideas.
Is Jesus Like Thor?
Is He a created Son of God Who had a beginning and is a separate lesser being from the Father?
This episode covers the following aspects of history:
- The council of Nicea in 325 A.D. (what it wasn’t about and what it was about)
- Athanasius early life and role as deacon at the Council
- The return and death of Arius
- The rise of semi-Arianism against the Nicene faith
- Constantine’s death and the divided empire under his three sons and nephew
- Athanasius’ five exiles
Christian History Institute, “#109: Council of Nicea”
Wisconsin Lutheran College, “Emperor Constantine to Arius,” “Fourth Century Christianity.”
Like what you hear? Donate to Truthspresso and give a shot of support!