Justin Peters: Discernment
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. – Jude 3
Justin Peters, of Justin Peters Ministries, returns for his fourth episode of Echo Zoe Radio to discuss various aspects of discernment. We get into a few discernment issues facing the Church today, as well as the importance of keeping discernment skills between the ditches.
Outline of the Discussion
- A pattern is emerging with the time between Justin’s appearances on the podcast.
- A Christian worldview will permanently change a person’s political views.
- The foundation for proper discernment is a proper understanding of Biblical Authority.
- Social Justice (Critical Race Theory) is a Marxist movement infiltrating the Church.
- CRT is cult-like in that it redefines common terms to mean something different than most people believe they mean.
- One third of professing Evangelicals believe Jesus is a created being (ie, they’re not really Christians.)
- We separate bad teaching from heresy by the way Jesus is handled. Heresy presents a false teaching about the person and/or works of Christ.
- Social Justice/CRT is much more dangerous than Word-Faith/NAR in that we don’t have soteriologically Reformed churches preaching aspects of Word-Faith in their churches, but they are preaching Social Justice.
- Marxism seeks to divide people over economic class, race, gender, or other differences between people whereas the Gospel unites people in Christ.
- The Gospel does not need our help. We should not attempt to add to it, or to sneak it in behind other issues.
- It takes patience, but the truly regenerate will come around to Biblical Truth eventually.
- Kanye West has been concerning.
- Baby Christians shouldn’t be out leading worship. They should be listening and learning.
- Both real and false conversions often come with a zeal phase.
- While Kanye may overstep his bounds or fail to recognize bad/false teaching out of immaturity, many of the Christians around him should know better.
- Christians need to stop being so excited about celebrities professing faith. Just like our friends & family, they often fizzle out fairly quickly and revert to their unbelieving state.
- The other side of discernment can be problematic. Being too fixated on discernment will lead people to draw lines that need not be drawn.
- As many discernment ministries progress, they often shrink their circle of acceptable doctrine to the point where it’s so small, they can only stand inside of it themselves on one foot.
- Jude 1-3
- Justin Peters Ministries
- Critical Theory: A Disastrous, Unbiblical Worldview | Ep 275 – Allie Beth Stuckey (Youtube)
- Leaving Critical Race Theory For Biblical Unity | Guest: Monique Duson | Ep 294 – Allie Beth Stuckey (Youtube)
- Inside the Radical Left—James Lindsay Breaks Down Critical Social Justice – American Thought Leaders – The Epoch Times (Youtube)
- Christopher Rufo on Critical Race Theory & the Trump Admin’s Recent Ban – American Thought Leaders – The Epoch Times (Youtube)
- Kanye West and Joel Osteen: Lessons Learned – Justin Peters (Youtube)
- Justin Peters: Exposing the Word-of-Faith Movement
- Mike Abendroth: Sola Scriptura
- Justin Peters: Word-of-Faith Revisited
- Eric Douma: A Primer in Logic
- Bob DeWaay: The Authority of the Bible
- Lyndon Unger: The History of the Renewal Movement
- Justin Peters: Trips to Heaven
- Tony Miano: Qualifications for Ministry
- Steve Cooley: The Social Gospel
- Costi Hinn: Defining Deception